For the latest volunteer opportunities with United Way, CREATE Foundation, our partners, and many more organizations across our region, visit the new Volunteer Northeast Mississippi volunteer hub at www.volunteernems.org!
Volunteer Northeast Mississippi is part of Volunteer Mississippi and is a joint effort between CREATE Foundation and United Way of Northeast Mississippi to connect volunteers and nonprofits to the resources they need.
Ongoing opportunities with some of our partners are listed below:
American Red Cross North Mississippi
These are a few areas where volunteers are needed. For more information and additional information, contact David Stone at 662-487-1395 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disaster Services volunteers – home fires and natural diasters
- Services to the Armed Forces – help families reach their service members to get them home for an emergency
- Educators – disaster plans, CPR, swimming, babysitting
- Comfort Kits – assembling kits for families that have experienced a home fire or natural disaster
Click here to download job descriptions for some of the volunteer positions needed.
Autism Center of North Mississippi
To volunteer, contact Brittany Cuevas at 662-840-0974 or email@example.com
- Cleaning building (takes approx 1.5 hours per week – one time a week)
- Cleaning toys (major project – several hours)
- Host a toy drive – always need NEW toys for children 2-10 years of age
- Organize closets (storage and supply closets)
- Putting up shelving
- Moving some heavy furniture
- Construction – remove some floating walls
- Hanging flat screen TV
Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi
To volunteer, contact Lucia Randle at 662-841-6504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the Boys & Girls Clubs – assist with reading, homework, and other various duties. If planning to volunteer more than once, a background check is required. Volunteer applications available at the Boys & Girls Clubs office or at the Clubs. Call 662-841-6504 for more information.
FAITH Food Pantry (Nettleton)
- Food Distribution – the third Saturday each month from 7 AM to 10 AM. Contact: Kay Patterson, Volunteer Coordinator. 662-963-3287 or 662-231-9095
- Cleaning the Office – any day/time except on food distribution days. Contact: Marolyn Hester 662-963-2646 or 662-213-1302
Faith Haven Emergency Shelter
Call Kathryn at Faith Haven (662-844-7091) for information on current volunteer opportunities and how to apply.
- Activities for children
- Assist Staff on Outings with children
- Birthday Parties for children
- Holiday Activities
- Trimming Shrubs/Weeding
- Reupholster Furniture
- Install New Light Fixture
Girl Scouts Heart of the South
To become a Girl Scout volunteer, visit www.girlscoutshs.org and click Join Now. Should there be questions or problems, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-624-4185 or email@example.com.
- Girl Recruitment volunteer – help recruit girls to participate in GS programs
- Adult Recruitment volunteer – help recruit adult volunteers for GS
- Service Unit volunteer – help with activities related to management, programming, training and mentoring, and public relations
- Community Relations volunteer – work with other agencies in the area to further the GS presence
- Troop Level volunteer – volunteer as a troop leader, troop treasurer, cookie manager, or driver/chaperone with a local troop
- Program volunteer – help plan new, fun activities for girls to participate in across the GS Heart of the South council
- Episodic volunteer – help out at a council office to provide admin support
Meals on Wheels
To volunteer to deliver meals, contact Lynne Johnson at 844-1441 ext. 1056 or cell 662-231-1614 .
- Routes available out of Traceway Retirement Community, Papa V’s in Tupelo, Papa V’s in Verona, The Store in Saltillo, and Brewer Grocery in Brewer.
- The commitment is 1 hour, once a month during lunch.
- You will need to provide your own transportation.
To volunteer, contact Robby Parman at 662-871-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To volunteer, contact Mona Warlick at 515 408 3673 or email@example.com
- Prepare a hot breakfast for those in need: homeless, elderly, unemployed and those whose do not make enough to live on, at All Saints’ Episcopal Church, 608 West Jefferson Street, Tupelo
- Hours: 6:15 to 9:00, any day of the week except Saturday and Sunday, only holidays closed are Thanksgiving and Christmas
Salvation Army Tupelo
To volunteer, contact Susan Gilbert at 662-680-2758
- Soup Kitchen – Monday – Friday 8:00a-1:00p (helping prepare, serving, cleaning)
- Summer Day Camp – Monday-Friday 8:00a-3:00p (we need people to give a day or week to help with programs and guidance)
- Thrift Stores (help with straightening, organizing, folding and hanging items for display)
Tupelo: Monday-Friday 8:30a- 4:30p, Saturday 8:30a- 3:00p New Albany: Monday- Friday 9:00a-4:30p, Saturday 9:00a-3:00p Amory: Tuesday-Friday 9:00a-4:00p, Saturday 9:00a-3:00p Booneville: Tuesday- Friday 9:00a-4:00p, Saturday 9:00a-3:00p
- Kids Club – Wednesday nights 5:00p-7:00p (help with kids, teach lessons, activities, meals)
- General organizing – Monday- Friday 9:00a-4:00p (help with organizing storage and sorting)
- Fish Fry – Date TBA (help getting pre-orders, serving plates, boxing and delivery)
- Steak and burger fundraiser – May 2018 (help getting donations, etc.)
- Willis Chili Cook-off – February 22, 2018 (assist with getting teams signed up, teams pay to sample and vote for their favorite)
- Bell Ringers – November- December (We need volunteers to take a shift, a day, a week, assisting getting companies to get employees to cover a shift.)
Shepherd’s Center of Greater Tupelo
To volunteer, contact Shepherd’s Center at 840-0787 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website: www.sctupelo.org
- Drivers needed to help seniors with trips to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, and other necessary errands.