Please click here to access the Homeowners Release of Liability Waiver to request assistance with clean-up on your property. Please read the form carefully and provide as much information as possible.
Thank you for volunteering with the tornado clean-up. Here are a few important points for the safety of yourself and others:
- Volunteers serve at their own risk. Children under age 13 should not participate in cleanup work.
- Chain saws are to be used only by adults with experience using them.
- PLEASE NO EXCAVATING WITHOUT A MISSISSIPPI ONE CALL (811) DIG TICKET!!!!! You will be held liable for any damage to utilities if you dig without a number.
- Wear appropriate clothing. As work tasks require, use hard hats; hard-soled, high-topped shoes or rubber boots (if working in wet conditions); work gloves; safety glasses; and hearing protection. Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated. Drink plenty of water, and rest when needed. Be aware of contaminated water. Seek medical attention immediately if you have signs of heat exhaustion.
- Avoid contact with hazardous chemicals, downed power lines, energized electrical circuits, and stray or wild animals.
- Beware of unstable structures, uneven surfaces, broken glass, nails, and other protruding, sharp objects. Treat wounds with soap, clean water, and, if available, an antibiotic ointment. Puncture wounds and animal and snake bites require rapid, specialized medical attention.
- Be aware of motorized traffic in the area at all times.
All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Certification and Waiver. Please read the form carefully before submitting.
If you have questions about any of these forms or anything related to volunteer clean-up efforts, please call United Way at 662-841-9133 or email email@example.com