RAISED HERE, STAYS HERE. The funds we raise within each county remain in that county, providing services to residents of that county.
For 2017, Tishomingo County residents invested in the following programs and agencies to impact Tishomingo County. The agencies in bold are located within Tishomingo County. All agencies listed serve individuals in Tishomingo County.
- 4-H Tishomingo County – $ 2,500
- American Red Cross North Mississippi – $ 2,000
- Autism Center of North Mississippi – $ 1,750
- Backpack Ministry of Tishomingo County – $ 5,000
- Boy Scouts Yocona Area Council – $ 1,500
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Mississippi – Iuka Club – $ 10,000
- Faith Haven, Inc. – $ 500
- Family Resource Center of Northeast Mississippi – $ 900
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes – $ 1,000
- Food Depot of Tishomingo County – $ 5,000
- Girl Scouts Heart of the South – $ 200
- Helpful Samaritan Food Pantry – $ 3,500
- Hope Family Ministries, Inc. – $ 250
- L.I.F.E. of Mississippi – $ 750
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of NEMS, Inc. (NCADD) – $ 750
- NMMC Diabetes Patient Assistance Fund – $ 500
- Parkgate Pregnancy Clinic, Inc. – $ 800
- Regional Rehabilitation Center, Inc. – $ 1,500
- S.A.F.E., Inc. – $ 1,000
- Special Education Bowling Association – $ 1,600
- Women First Resource Center, Inc. – $ 750
- TOTAL – $41,750
Funding decisions are made by a team of volunteers within each county who determine where the greatest needs lie in their communities.
For 2017, these volunteers were Donnie Brown, Tommy Chamblee, Beth Davis, Wenea Gean, Tiffany Johnson, Jill Long, Laura McClung, Penny McGee, Lisa Phelps, Vanita Southward, Gina Underwood, Tim Wigginton and Sally Zemek.