RAISED HERE, STAYS HERE. The funds we raise within each county remain in that county, providing services to residents of that county.
For 2017, Itawamba County residents invested in the following programs and agencies to impact Itawamba County. The agencies in bold are located within Itawamba County. All agencies listed serve individuals in Itawamba County.
- 4-H Itawamba County – $3,000
- American Red Cross North Mississippi – $3,250
- Autism Center of North Mississippi – $3,000
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of NEMS – $2,500
- Boy Scouts Yocona Area Council – $2,000
- Faith Haven, Inc. – $2,500
- Family Resource Center of North MS – $1,200
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes – $1,000
- Itawamba United Methodist Food Pantry West – $13,000
- Fulton United Methodist Food Pantry – $20,000
- Girl Scouts Heart of the South – $1,500
- Hope Family Ministries, Inc. – $900
- L.I.F.E. of Mississippi – $3,000
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of NEMS, Inc. (NCADD) – $1,850
- NMMC Camp Bluebird – $600
- NMMC Camp Breathe Ezzzze – $600
- NMMC Diabetes Patient Assistance Fund – $1,500
- NMMC Heart and Vascular Institute Patient Assistance Fund – $1,000
- NMMC Hospice Patient Assistance Fund – $1,000
- NMMC Social Work Patient Assistance Fund – $1,500
- North MS Kidney Foundation – $1,100
- Parkgate Pregnancy Clinic, Inc. – $3,000
- Regional Rehabilitation Center, Inc. – $5,000
- S.A.F.E., Inc. – $1,500
- Special Education Bowling Association – $1,000
- Three Rivers Area Agency on Aging – $1,500
- Women First Resource Center, Inc. – $1,800
- TOTAL – $79,800
Funding decisions are made by a team of volunteers within each county who determine where the greatest needs lie in their communities.
For 2017, these volunteers were Brandi Abbott, Staci Bevill, David Brown, Michelle Clifton, Mike Ellis, Debra Foster, Angela Kinder, Dianne Loden, Dan McCrimon, Amanda McMurry, Sharon Miles, Brian Quinn, Sheila Senter, Mike Thorn, Janice Watson, and Robin Wofford.