United Way of Northeast Mississippi and the CREATE Foundation established the COVID-19 Support Fund to assist families and individuals affected financially by COVID-19 in our region.
The funds have been granted to The Salvation Army to provide direct assistance to individuals and families.
In addition, grants have been made to hot meals and food pantry programs across Northeast Mississippi..
Individual Assistance from the Support Fund
- Immediate assistance is available for food, formula, diapers, and medications.
- Assistance for rent and utilities will be available in late May.
- Assistance is available to residents of the 17 counties served by the CREATE Foundation and United Way of Northeast Mississippi.
How to Apply:
- Employed prior to COVID-19 outbreak; or
- Children under 18 in the household; or
- Contracted COVID-19; or
- At high risk of exposure to COVID-19 due to a pre-existing medical condition and unable to work; or
- Senior citizen over the age of 65; and
- Live in one of the 17 Counties CREATE serves
Payments (one time)
1) Immediate Assistance
- Walmart e-Gift Card emailed to client
2) Secondary Assistance
- Direct payments to landlords or utility companies on behalf of client for services no earlier than March 1, 2020